Every future bride who wants to plan her own wedding needs a wedding checklist timeline in order to keep track of everything that they need to do and to make sure that they do not forget something. If you are planning on having a big wedding you have to start preparations at least 6 months before the big event even if you are doing it on your own or with the help of a wedding planner. The first thing that you have to book way in advance is the venue, some brides book them even a year in advance which is what you should do too if you have one particular place in mind. Aside from this you will need a whole lot of things to remember which is why an electronic checklist might help you.
- The first step that you should take once you have set the date for your wedding is take a seat in front of your computer and create an Excel document where you are going to write all the tasks and dates. You should create three columns: the first one should be reserved for the tasks, the second one should be for deadlines and the third one for additional information such as: the name of the vendors or personal notes.
- You should start writing your activities in the spreadsheet from the wedding day to present. By doing so you will be able to know how much time you need to things like: order invitations, ordering the cake, choosing the music, booking a photographer.
- Once you have finished writing the list go though it again and change the place of some activities if you feel that they are not in the right place. Also make sure that you check on your wedding checklist every time you have finished a task.
- Now it is time to do a little bit of research. Go online and look for vendors and caterers that you might want at your wedding. Once you have done that write the names and the contact data on the wedding checklist.
- At the end of each week highlight the things that you need to do next week. We recommend you highlight them with yellow so that you can go easier through your list. Make sure that you check your list every day.
It is very important to stick to the wedding checklist timeline because this is the only way you are going to stay organized even if you have a wedding planner and you are not doing it on your own.